Spicy Fable Curry by Heston Blumenthal
Spice up your life with this delicious fragrant, aromatic and deeply spicy Fable curry from the King of Gastronomy himself, Heston Blumenthal
Cook time: 1 hour
Serves: 4 people
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or ghee
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp masala curry powder
- ½ tsp ground tumeric
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 15g fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 500g chopped tomatoes
- 400g coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g Fable
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves
- 4 portions cooked rice, to serve
- Heat a little vegetable oil (or ghee, if preferred) in a large pan over moderate heat. Fry the Fable until golden and crispy on all sides. Remove and set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain.
- Add a little more oil to the pan (if needed) and add the onions, cooking over moderate heat until softened but not caramelised, approx. 4 minutes. Add the coriander and cumin seeds (which can be lightly crushed using a pestle and mortar, if you prefer), along with the chilli, masala, turmeric, and curry powders. Reduce the heat to moderately low and cook for 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes, cooking for 10 minutes, before adding the coconut milk. Bring the mixture to a simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the Fable to the curry and leave on a low heat for 15 minutes before seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Finely chop the coriander and scatter over the curry. Serve with cooked rice.
Be part of the Fable tribe!
Be the first one to know when we launch new products or host fancy pants parties. Sign up to be a part of our magical world.
Can't wait to share your feedback, or fun flavoured ideas?
Email — email@example.com
The Fable - About us
Terms & Conditions
© Copyright 2021 Fable Food Pty Ltd