Fable Pizza by Heston Blumenthal
Mamma mia! this gourmet meaty mushroom fable pizza creation by heston blumenthal will steal every pizz-a your heart!
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 pizzas
Unleash your inner Italian. It’s easy enough to make pizza dough, especially with a stand mixer. Then you just need to let it stand a while, developing lots of flavour, while you make a simple garlic butter. After which, all you have to do is top your base with the butter, some oozy mascarpone and mozzarella, and torn-up Fable for texture and savoury flavour. A quick stint in the oven and you’ve got yourself a piece of pizza heaven.
- 7g dried yeast
- Pinch salt
- 355g flour, type 00 (plus extra for dusting)
- 25g unsalted plant-based butter
- 25g garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 225g unsalted plant-based butter, softened
To make single pizza:
- 1 reserved ball of pizza dough
- Flour for dusting
- 15g reserved garlic butter
- 60g Fable, torn into smaller pieces
- 80g buffalo mozzarella cheese (sub vegan, if preferred), torn into smaller pieces
- 6 tsp mascarpone cheese (sub vegan, if preferred)
- Small handful of fresh parsley leaves
- ½ finely grated lemon zest
- Start with the pizza dough since it needs plenty of time to prove. Pour 200g tepid water (10-14°C) into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the yeast and salt, mixing for 5 minutes on moderate speed. Gradually add the flour, one scoop at a time, allowing it to fully incorporate before adding the next scoop. Once all the flour is added, continue to mix for 15 minutes. Remove the dough from the mixer and knead on a floured work surface for approx. 7 minutes. Leave the dough to rest for 10 minutes, then divide into four equal-sized portions. Form a smooth ball with each piece and place onto a tray. Leave at room temperature for 4 hours to prove.
- In the meantime, make the garlic butter. Melt the (first reference to) butter in a small pan. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until the garlic starts to lightly caramelise. Add the (second reference to) butter. Once melted, remove the pan from the heat and leave to infuse for 30 minutes. Use a hand blender to blitz the mixture and set aside until needed. This recipe makes more garlic butter than you will need, but it can be stored covered in the fridge and melted again before using.
- To finish one pizza, preheat the oven to 220°C. Roll a ball of proved dough to a diameter approx. 30cm (12”) on a clean, well-floured work surface to prevent sticking. Place onto a tray or pizza stone and drizzle over the melted garlic butter. Scatter over the Fable and the mozzarella. Spoon the mascarpone around the pizza and bake in the oven until the edges have risen slightly and the bottom is crispy.
- Remove from the oven. Finely chop the parsley and scatter over the pizza along with finely grated lemon zest. Repeat the process with the remaining 3 balls of dough – or wrap those up and freeze for another day.
Be part of the Fable tribe!
Be the first one to know when we launch new products or host fancy pants parties. Sign up to be a part of our magical world.
Can't wait to share your feedback, or fun flavoured ideas?
Email — email@example.com
The Fable - About us
Terms & Conditions
© Copyright 2021 Fable Food Pty Ltd