Fable Fritters by Heston Blumenthal
This fabulous Fable fritter recipe is an easy-to-make (and eat) finger food idea to satisfy your munchies
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- ½ tsp white caster sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 330g chilled beer
- Grapeseed oil, for deep frying
- 220g Fable
- Sea salt flakes, to serve
Lemon chive mayonnaise:
- 250g mayonnaise (sub vegan, if preferred)
- 20g chives
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Place the flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Mix well to combine. Slowly pour in the beer, gently whisking the mixture to ensure there are no lumps. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan to approx. 180°C, no more than half full.
- Add the Fable to the batter, coating the pieces well. Remove and allow excess batter to run off, then gently lower the pieces into the hot oil. Fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Remove and set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper to drain. Season with sea salt flakes.
- Serve the fritters with the lemon chive mayonnaise, which can be made by simply combining mayonnaise with freshly chopped chives and lemon juice.
Be part of the Fable tribe!
Be the first one to know when we launch new products or host fancy pants parties. Sign up to be a part of our magical world.
Can't wait to share your feedback, or fun flavoured ideas?
Email — email@example.com
The Fable - About us
Terms & Conditions
© Copyright 2021 Fable Food Pty Ltd