Fable Chilli & Cornbread
This recipe is simple, easy and oh so delicious. Dig into this meat free chilli (n)con carne
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2-3 hours (or longer)
This Chilli with traditional southern Cornbread is simply a match made in heaven with the Fable Braised Beef.
You can add as little or much spice as you prefer and let it simmer for hours for extra flavour. We’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 250g fable, chopped into smaller pieces
- 2 x 400 g tins chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup veggie stock
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cans beans (kidney beans, black beans or cannellini beans), drained
- ¼ cup Chipotle sauce (reduce if you want less spicy)
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 3 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cornmeal (polenta)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 ¼ cup soy or almond milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Sour Cream, avocado, fresh red chili and coriander
- Fry off Fable over high heat in a heavy bottomed pot with olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until browned.
- Add everything else (except the beans – so they stay intact) and stir while heating up.
- Add beans
- Add lid and simmer at low heat for 2-3 hours.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and stir well until combined
- Bake in a greased 8×8″(20x20cm) cake pan for 25-30 mins at 200C
Serve with sour cream, avocado, coriander and (of course) corn bread. Enjoy!
Be part of the Fable tribe!
Be the first one to know when we launch new products or host fancy pants parties. Sign up to be a part of our magical world.
Can't wait to share your feedback, or fun flavoured ideas?
Email — email@example.com
The Fable - About us
Terms & Conditions
© Copyright 2021 Fable Food Pty Ltd