Red Wine Fable On Mash x The Kindness Echoes
Looking for something so meltingly tender you can eat it with a spoon? This elegant Red Wine Fable on Mash recipe will make the perfect date night at home
Cook time: 1 hour
Serves: 4 people
Bring the fine dining experience home with this simple yet sophisticated dish. Our meaty mushrooms infused in a luscious red wine sauce over a bed of creamy mashed potatoes will look and taste just as magnificent as your upscale city bistro. Go on, cheat on meat – your secret is safe with us.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g Fable
- 1 ½ cup boiling water, mixed with 2 tbsp of plant-based “beef” stock
- 1 ½ cup pasta sauce
- ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 tbsp plant-based butter
- ¾ cup plant-based milk of choice
- Black ground pepper, to taste
- Freshly chopped coriander and basil
- Vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast
- In a bowl, put together boiling water, plant-based stock and Fable to help soften and break up the chunks.
- Heat up a frying pan with olive oil, add chopped onions and crushed garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent, not brown. With a fork, shred up the Fable in the stock. Add the remaining sauce ingredients including the stock into the pan with onion and garlic. Reduce to a low heat and simmer the sauce for about 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Peel and boil potatoes until soft and drain completely. In the pot of potatoes, add vegan butter, half the amount of milk and mash together. Add more milk as you mash if desired. Continue to mash until the potatoes are soft and smooth.
- To serve, spoon a generous amount of mash onto a plate then add red wine Fable sauce on top. Garnish with chopped herbs, cracked pepper and vegan parmesan.
Be part of the Fable tribe!
Be the first one to know when we launch new products or host fancy pants parties. Sign up to be a part of our magical world.
Can't wait to share your feedback, or fun flavoured ideas?
Email — firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fable - About us
Terms & Conditions
© Copyright 2021 Fable Food Pty Ltd